My background was office based until in early 2001, when a great opportunity arose. I was offered the position of Branch Manager within a veterinary surgery. I gained a great deal of knowledge through the day-to-day running of the surgery some of which has continued in helping me to this very day. A real life-experience was that of dealing with people and their pets when the sad time came to say good-bye. The most enjoyable time was assisting with puppy classes held at the surgery on a weekly basis – the individual characters of the puppies was a joy to behold or not as the case may be.
My love of animals has recently led me to qualify for a diploma in Companion Animal Bereavement Counselling through the Animal Care College.
Below is a résume of the academic training and experience gained throughout:
- Attended First Aid for Animals at The Royal Veterinary College in Hertfordshire (May 2008, 2005 and 2002)
- In 2005 worked with ‘Tilly’ our Black Labrador at The Kennel Club Good Citizen Scheme (puppy) via a local dog training club
- Completed a 2 Day Canine Communication Foundation Course with Jan Fennell Amichien Dog Listeners Ltd in Lincolnshire (December 2003)
- Attended a 2 day instructors workshop with our rescue dog ‘Cass’ at Odin Canine Services in Buckinghamshire (October 2003)
- In August 2003 ‘Cass’ joined me on a one week residential instructor’s course with the British Institute of Professional Dog Trainers (BIPDT)
- During 2001 I attended puppy/dog training classes with Jacqui O’Brien in the grounds of her home in Hertfordshire to be taught instructional methods at beginner level and, once again our dog ‘Cass’ joined me.
- January to June 2001 ~ Employed in a veterinary surgery in Hertfordshire (assisted with puppy classes)
- Summer 2000 ~ Worked in kennels at Colin Tenant’s canine and feline behaviour centre in Hertfordshire
- Late 1990’s ~ Dog Walking at RSPCA Ridgeway/Hertfordshire
- Late 1990’s ~ Completed beginner’s distance learning course on canine and feline behaviour with a Mr Cliff Dunnicliffe (Nottingham)
- 1989 to 1993/94 ~ Attended classes with ‘Charlie’ my Rottweiler eventually participating in local club -v- local club competition.
Why choose me?
- Years of experience with animals and pets
- Able to offer a fully flexible service to suit you
- Fully qualified to support you with the loss of your pet
- Fully Police checked